Dear Academy Families,
In addition to the Academy news below, this is a reminder that November tuition is due. Please pay no later than Thursday, October 31 to avoid a 10% late fee. Students whose tuition has not been paid by November 1 will not be allowed to take class.
- Swan Lake Field Trip – Tuesday, October 22 is the deadline to sign up for the field trip to see NBT’s Swan Lake.
- Nevada Day – There will be regular classes on October 25 and 26.
- Halloween – There will be regular classes on Halloween, but students are welcome to wear their costumes to class. Just make sure they are safe to dance in, and wear your required dance shoes.
- In-Studio Costume/Prop Fee – Although the deadline for First Steps and Music & Movement students to pay for a costume for the Winter In-Studio Performance has passed, it may still be possible to place an order. See the front desk asap.
- Spring Concert Class Assistants – For those who turned in applications to be Class Assistants this year, there is a mandatory meeting on Saturday, November 2 at 2:00pm. This is to learn what is expected and receive your class assignments.
- Pointe Shoe Decorating Contest – Our annual Pointe Shoe Decorating Contest will begin on November 4. See the front desk for an entry form, then return the shoes no later than Saturday, November 23. The winners of each age group will receive two tickets to NBT’s Bolero!
- Silent Auction Fundraiser – Academy Families are asked to donate items for our annual Silent Auction Fundraiser. Information is being handed out in classes this week. Items must be donated by November 9. Thanks!
- Veterans Day – There are no Academy classes on Monday, November 11 due to the Veterans Day holiday.
- College Prep Workshop – Our students in 7th-12th grade are invited to enroll in the College Prep Workshop offered by Francisco Gella Dance Works at NBT on Saturday, November 16. Academy Students get 50% off. See the front desk for information.
- Observation Week – November 18-23 is Observation Week! Be sure to come see your child’s classes.
- Costume Ordering Week – Be sure to come to the lobby with your child during Observation Week, November 18-23, to fill out a form and have your child measured for his/her Spring Concert Costume. Those who do not order during this week are subject to late fees and delayed costumes.
- Costume Fees – The costume fees for all Spring Concert costumes are due on Saturday, November 23. Each fee is $110 except for Pre-Ballet 1 & 2, Hip-Hop Babies, and Hip-Hop Kids, which are $100.
- Commitment Packets – Spring Concert Commitment Packets will be available on November 1 at the front desk. Please fill out the back page and return it no later than Saturday, November 23.
- Thanksgiving Break – There will be no classes during Thanksgiving week, November 25-December 1.
If you have questions or comments, please contact the front desk at 702-243-2623.