The Nancy Houssels Scholarship
Nevada Ballet Theatre awards its own special scholarship to one deserving student a year. The Nancy Houssels Scholarship, named after Nevada Ballet Theatre Co-Founder and Board Co-Chair Nancy Houssels, affords an Academy student the opportunity to further develop his or her talent and love of dance by covering a full season’s tuition.
Selection occurs in May and the award applies for the following school year. Scholarship requirements are as follows:
- Students of the Pre-Professional Ballet Program in levels A3-C2 who are nominated by their instructor will be considered.
- Students must be Ballet Majors to be eligible.
- Scholarship criteria include dedication, talent, merit, leadership, attendance, and personality.
- Scholarship recipients must remain exclusive to Nevada Ballet Theatre and may not take dance classes or perform with any other organization or school.
- The scholarship recipient is chosen by the School Director and faculty.