Dear Academy Families,
As we continue to follow the latest coronavirus developments, we want to update you on the steps we’re taking to keep our students safe and healthy. For the moment, we do not plan to cancel regular classes. Like the Clark County School District, our goal is to remain open and educate our students and continue to provide a sense of stability for our students, employees, and families.
Our regular classes are taking place as scheduled. However, we have decided to cancel two upcoming extra activities:
- Academy Showcase – We are disappointed to cancel our Showcase, which was scheduled for March 25, but in these early days of the current crisis, we are following the lead of CCSD’s cancellation of extracurricular activities and will cancel the performance.
- Observation Week – In an effort to keep our studios safe for students, we have decided to cancel Observation Week, which was scheduled for March 23-28. Regular classes will continue, but we will limit entrance to our studios to our students and teachers. Observation Week is tentatively rescheduled for the last week of classes, May 18-23.
Currently we have no plans to cancel the Spring Concert. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, and we will let you know if anything changes.
Our school policies follow those of the Clark County School District. If the CCSD decides to close schools, we will follow their lead and cancel regular classes as well.
Many parents have asked us what procedures we use to keep our studios clean. We, and our cleaning service, are increasing our cleaning efforts as a proactive approach to preventing the possible spread of any illnesses.
We are taking the current measures:
- At the start of every day, the front desk area, railings, and door handles are wiped down on the entrances, interior doors, and studio doors.
- Before classes begin, and between every class, all barres and door handles are wiped down in each studio.
- Each student is given hand sanitizer when they enter each class.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk at all times.
- We ask our faculty and staff to stay home if they might be sick.
What we ask of our parents and students:
- Immediately upon entering the building, please use the hand sanitizer at the front desk. Students are asked to wash their hands with soap and warm water right away.
- Do not send students to school if they might be sick. (Students who are coughing or sneezing will be asked to call their parents to pick them up.)
- Students must be fever-free for 24 hours before attending any Academy class.
- Remind your children to wash their hands, avoid touching their faces, and to cover their mouth/nose when coughing or sneezing.
Please be sure to regularly check your email, as emails are our primary means of communication to our parents. Also please also regularly check the Academy blog, as all emails are posted there (academyofnbt.blogspot.com). Any Academy changes to our procedures, class schedules, or events will be emailed and on posted on the blog.
Finally, we thank you for continuing to allow us to teach your children and for being a part of the Academy family.